To purchase, visit our shop Buy WOWbook 04
In this edition we have:
- Sue Brown makes an impression with her method for gum arabic transfer printing
- Wendy Dolan creates a colourful Gaudi-inspired panel using layered fabrics, paint and stitch
- Anne Hellyer has double-vision with her appliquéd and machine embroidered seaside village
- Amanda Hislop shows us the folding forms for her printed and stitched abstract tree landscapes
- Anne Kelly transforms a pre-loved sewing box with collage, in memory of her grandmother
- Our ‘Inspired by’ feature continues with the letter ‘B’. Textile artists Carolyn Saxby, Suzette Smart, Janette Bright, Shirley Sherris and Rachael Singleton show us the inspiration behind their work
- In our celebrity interview, guest editor Lynda Monk talks to Sandra Meech about her work.
In the free online Members’ Club, Guest Editor Lynda Monk talks us through how she creates her samples. There is an accompanying video. Sandra Meech is using drawings, paintings and photographs collaged together as a starting point for a stitched textile piece. Our ‘Book Looks’ reviews publications by contributors Anne Kelly, Wendy Dolan and Sandra Meech.
More content will be added to the Members’ Club throughout the coming months. Maggie’s Course will be continuing with some great new ideas for using texture in mixed-media work.
The password for the Members’ Club is in the book.Buy WOWbook 04